Saturday, August 1, 2009

Betsey Johnson Cake

This cake was inspired by Nicolette's favorite designer Betsey Johnson.

I took the leopard and zebra print from her jewelry collection and incorporated them in the cake.
I used her signature writing style for the font of Nicolette's name.
I topped the cake with a hot pink fondant bow which is a staple in some of Betsey Johnson's jewelry line.To stay within the jewelry theme of the cake I placed pink jewels on fondant hearts hand painted with edible gold dust. The jewels are not edible but I think they really made the cake sparkle.

It is hard to see in this photo, but I brushed the fondant polka dots with edible gold pixie dust.

I highlighted the centers of the leopard spots by airbrushing them pink.

I have to say this was one of the funnest cakes to decorate. I was really happy the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment