Sunday, February 15, 2009

Medieval Castle Cake

OK, I went crazy on this one. I had so much fun making this cake. It was first time I decorated a castle cake.

I alternated each cake tier with a different color grey so you can distinguished each tier. I used the Wilton Romantic Castle Cake Set. The tower and turret pieces are made of white plastic so I covered them by piping bricks in three shades of grey.

The windows and draw bridge entry are made of fondant and flags are cut out of heavy card stock. They are light weight enough to be held up by buttercream icing.


I bought the knight figures at the local craft store. They are the perfect scale size for the castle and when washed with a little hot soapy water, they can be reused and played by the birthday boy. Vincent helped me put the knights on his cake exactly where he wanted them, including a fierce dragon. You can't forget the dragon.




No comments:

Post a Comment